Clare’s 2015 celebrations included the production of a splendid carved wooden plaque made by Steve Woricker. It has now been installed in the Museum’s garden on High Street Clare, on the post that holds the old Clare town sign, for all visitors to see. The plaque holds the logo of Magna Carta in Clare, and it is based on the seal of Gilbert de Clare, who died in 1230. He is shown on horseback with a shield with the three chevrons of the Clare arms (3 red chevrons on a yellow/gold background). For an image, see our Twitter account.
© 2014 The Ancient House Museum Clare - Suffolk. - Designed and hosted by Everything Orange!